Michelle. 20. Pittsburgh. I read a lot. Like A LOT. I follow almost every fandom to some extent. I am shy and awkward. I have no clue what my sexual orientation is anymore, I just know that it ain't straight... but if you ask , I will try to describe it. And if you want to know anything else, all you have to do it ask.
What I mean when I say “I can’t do that”- Anxiety Version:
- I am unable to do that
- I am too stressed out to do that
- I cannot face the humiliation of attempting to do that
- My body will physically not allow me to do that
- I am on the verge of a panic attack
- I cannot do that
What people hear:
- I am unwilling to do that
- I am just shy
- I am overreacting
- I am lazy
- I need to get more experience in social situation to help my anxiety
- I need a push
- I don’t want to do that
Inspired by X
"Family gatherings" aka "90% of the people here are racist"
"and claim to be none of these things"
"they’re just joking"
"you’re just going through a phase"
"you’ll get used to it"
"so do you have a boyfriend yet?"
Bless that one person in every group that is like “keep going, I’m listening” and encourages you to finish your story even when everyone else is talking over you.